Friday, February 6, 2009

On The Beach



We spent a calm day on the beach today, at a convenient spot where the amenities were close at hand, like a restaurant, washrooms, picnic tables, and a wonderfully expansive stretch of sand and shore. Carol has been reading the 2009 Yearbook and I'm halfway through 'The Great Crash - 1929' by John Kenneth Galbraith, a hard-cover book I picked up at a little flea market on Anna Maria Island for three dollars. I'm absolutely getting my three dollars worth out of this excellent book.

As the afternoon drew to a close we drove off in search of the closest Kingdom Hall which is about a twenty minute drive from our place. A photo is attached along with one I took at the beach. We're looking forward to attending a meeting at this hall on Sunday and meeting the locals.

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful. We're all sick over here. Alexandria's got some ear/eye infection so she's on meds. I've got some kind of head cold and Olivia is still hacking from her time being sick. So far Helena's ok. Wish we were healthy and sitting on the beach like you guys.

    ReplyDelete