Thursday, January 29, 2009

Walterboro, South Carolina


It was a rolling-down-the-road day today over a snowless landscape and under sunny skies. Lucy got off to a confused start by telling us to get off at each exit. We ignored her until I stopped for gas. Curious where she wanted to take us, I previewed the route and discovered she was trying to direct us home ... well not home exactly, but somewhere in Ottawa. What time is happy hour in satelliteville?

After re-entering our destination things got back on track.

We had our big meal at lunch time at a Cracker Barrel restaurant, where for the first time I was served beef stew in a bread bowl. This is a picturesque innovation but also an unconscionable waste of perfectly good food. The quantity of bread exceeds what a normal person can ingest and I have resolved not to be party to such a waste again.

So now, after an unhurried segment of our journey, we have sought our night's rest at a Ramada Inn in the tiny town of Walterboro, South Carolina, pictured above.

1 comment:

  1. Stew in a bread bowl? Wow... I'd have eaten all that bread. I love bread.
    South Carolina already huh? You'll be in Florida tomorrow. What then? Stay in a Remada for two more nights?

    ReplyDelete