Saturday, February 21, 2009

Trade Show & Ministry

Yesterday Carol and I attended a trade show in Orlando, about two hours away. Robin, Anna, and Nathan went to Tampa to visit Anna's brother.

On the way back we stopped for lunch at a Perkin's Family Restaurant and Bakery. Do not stop for lunch at Perkin's Family Restaurant and Bakery. We ordered lunch with a Coke and were immediately brought a tall glass entirely filled with ice and a little vaguely brown liquid filling in between the gaps. Then we were abandoned, the only people at a table (it was 2:00 p.m.). Well after half an hour of cooling our heels with the only person in sight a woman mopping floors, we left. We found a nice cafe where we got ourselves a chicken-wrap lunch in five minutes.

Today Carol and I went in service, not among the palaces this time. I placed two magazines. It was a fine experience but compared to last week I'd say more of the rich welcomed a conversation than the ones in the poorer area, which surprises me. But life is full of surprises, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment